Anyone know what make this is ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
A friend of mine got this form a charity shop yesterday he wants to restore it for a bit of fun. Just wondering if anyone could identify it and has any information on what it should look like originally ? Any help would be appreciated
20180701_154416.jpg
20180701_154356.jpg

wisdom

Guru
Don't know the make sorry but it's an old beauty.Never find anything like that in charity shops round here.
Would make a very nice project though.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's not a bit of fun but a serious project! It will take a lot of work and research to bring it back to unable condition not to mention money.
Better pictures are needed to identity the make and model.
Lovely old bike, good luck.

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
That's not a bit of fun but a serious project! It will take a lot of work and research to bring it back to unable condition not to mention money.
Better pictures are needed to identity the make and model.
Lovely old bike, good luck.
Oh he absolutely lives for stuff like this he's always tinkering with things. You'd be amazed what lurks behind that garage door it's 40ft deep and full of big boys toys. The tandem is in surprisingly good condition everything works as it should it's just that it's been hand painted by a blind man I think .

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
Don't know the make sorry but it's an old beauty.Never find anything like that in charity shops round here.
Would make a very nice project though.
Yeah I couldn't believe he found it he said he was just driving by the place and saw a man taking it in so he went back 30 mins later and parted with £10 for it .

classic33

Leg End Member
Royal Enfield?

Any sign of a badge on the headtube or any numbers on the frame?

simongt

Guru
I would hazard late thirtes / early forties. Interesting to note that both chains are on the right; not seen that on modern tandems, but may have been the norm back in the day.
One of our local LBS know a thing or two about old tandems, but he's based in Norwich.
As suggested, the Tandem Club is probably the best place to begin researching. Good luck with the project. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
Sorry I haven't replied for a while I've been in Greece on holiday. That Hercules looks very similar doesn't it. I don't know how far he's got with the tandem the last I heard was he'd got some "old new" tyres for it and had cleaned some of the chrome apparently it had come up quite good. That was two weeks ago I'll probably find out more at the weekend . Thanks for the info guys .

Top Bottom