Anyone know what this bike is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Thanks guys, i think its definitely a norco of some sort, on a FB page some say maybe a sasquatch but i do think it also looks like a magnum.

I actually quite like it, its growing on me anyway, just feel like my knees are by my ears riding it haha

Before anyone says it, i have raised the seat!

From what i can gather the stem and brakes are worth the £100 i paid anyway!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks guys, i think its definitely a norco of some sort, on a FB page some say maybe a sasquatch but i do think it also looks like a magnum.

I actually quite like it, its growing on me anyway, just feel like my knees are by my ears riding it haha

Before anyone says it, i have raised the seat!

From what i can gather the stem and brakes are worth the £100 i paid anyway!
I had a custom seatpost made for my Saracen (it was a present)

DSCN0207.JPG

That's as low as the saddle will go, it's 600mm plus the welded in fitting (salvaged from the original post)

DSCN0209.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
View attachment 477773

Thats the highest i can go with this post, i need a new one anyway so ill look for one a inch or 2 longer!
I couldn't find one so had mine made out of seamless tubing, then I saw the brompton seat post which I reckon might have fitted. The danger of a long post is the bit that's in the frame has to be long enough or it puts immense stress on the frame welds and could snap them easily.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
No i wont, ill buy a long one.

Kinda seems weird, this style of bike with such a high seat!
Ayr, originally mine was used for hurtling down forest tracks/fire roads but after a big 'off' I stopped going and was thinking of flogging the bike but realised I'd never get back what I spent on it (not to mention the original cost of the bike) so I re-purposed it as a snow bike for commuting and that's when I fitted the longer seatpost. It looks really strange without the rear 'Crud' mudguard though.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Although i really like the look of the bike im already thinking i might strip all the parts off and put on a frsme thats more suitable to the type of riding i do

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Rather than starting a new post (ive got enough on the go)!

I cant get the rear gears to go into all 8, i undo cable on rear derailleur, make sure the derailleur in lined up with the smallest cog.
Pin the wire down go up the gears but it wont go into the biggest cog, ive adjustimed the L as far as it will go.
Its the same if i start at the biggest gog it wont go into the smallest.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?
20190730_202324.jpg

Im assuming the x7 isnt 7 gears?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Rather than starting a new post (ive got enough on the go)!

I cant get the rear gears to go into all 8, i undo cable on rear derailleur, make sure the derailleur in lined up with the smallest cog.
Pin the wire down go up the gears but it wont go into the biggest cog, ive adjustimed the L as far as it will go.
Its the same if i start at the biggest gog it wont go into the smallest.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?
View attachment 477902

Im assuming the x7 isnt 7 gears?
How many gears does the selector indicate.

Top Bottom