Anyone know where I can order odd sized shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
Here's my problem...I was born with a club foot, the foot in question (thanks to a wonderful surgeon) is visually and mechanically perfect...apart from one small problem....it's actualy 2.5 sizes smaller than my other foot.

My right foot is 9.5, my left/club foot is 7.

Currently I have size 9 Mtb shoes, this means there is a lot of air in my size 7 foot, and my size 9.5 foot often goes numb.

So I was wondering, are there any suppliers/makes that are happy to supply different size shoes, or will I have to resort to buying two sets of shoes?

Cheers all,

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
One thing I wouldn't do is wait for Lidl or Aldi to do their cycle shoes then have a good look through them and accidentally buy a 'custom' pair.:whistle:

Gary E

Veteran
I imagine that the size 7 foot in a size 9 shoe feels a bit odd as the cleat plate would be in line with your toes? You'll certainly feel the benefit of 2 correctly set up shoes.

Just out of interest what do you do with non-cycling shoes?

I can't imagine a shop helping you out as it would leave them with 2 un-sellable shoes but it might be worth dropping a line directly to the manufacturer who probably don't make exactly the same amount of left and right shoes anyway (especially after quality control has whittled it down a bit).

Other than that and short of finding someone with the same problem (but it reverse) I'd say you're looking at buying 2 pairs of shoes.

Gary E

Veteran
One thing I wouldn't do is wait for Lidl or Aldi to do their cycle shoes then have a good look through them and accidentally buy a 'custom' pair.:whistle:
To be honest, at their prices, buying 2 pairs wouldn't be that bad. But as Mark said; I definitely wouldn't take the 2 that you didn't use back and claim they don't fit :laugh:

Zakalwe

What sort of price level are you thinking of? Bont apparently will supply odd sizes for a £20 charge on top of their already pricey shoes but it might still work out cheaper to get to pairs from another manufacturer.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Have you put "left cycle shoe" and "right cycle shoe" into a well-known auction site? :thumbsup:

A US supplier seems to supply odd shoes. Now, a bit of legwork and you could match the missing one with a correctly-matched pair of your other size. Then, sell one shoe?

Top Bottom