Anyone looking for a 'Project House' to renovate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
If I had the money I'd be all over that.

D

Deleted member 26715

There was one like that on Grand Designs a few years ago, the fight that the new owner had with English Heritage was ridiculous, they had let it go to ruin for over 50 years, yet they wouldn't allow him to make changes, it seemed like they would prefer it to fall down rather than him save it if he didn't do it their way.

U

User6179

The old boy who owned this one died years ago , the scaffold you see in the picture has been like that for 30 years , someone told me years ago you could buy it for a fiver .

Torwood_Castle_ruin_April_2007_-_geograph.org.uk_-_435251.jpg

Attachments

• Torwood_Castle_ruin_April_2007_-_geograph.org.uk_-_435251.jpg
    Torwood_Castle_ruin_April_2007_-_geograph.org.uk_-_435251.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 13
U

User6179

There was one like that on Grand Designs a few years ago, the fight that the new owner had with English Heritage was ridiculous, they had let it go to ruin for over 50 years, yet they wouldn't allow him to make changes, it seemed like they would prefer it to fall down rather than him save it if he didn't do it their way.

That is why nobody buys these old ruins , they cant give them away for free as the Regs to rebuild are crazy .

Edit- Was that the episode with the big internal wall that collapsed inside the castle?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Give it 4 years and there'll be another one in ruins up for grabs. Granted it won't be in Scotland, but we could all do with a trip to Washington!

On a serious note, as stated by others, it would be great, but how many £'s would the planning issues cost?

D

Deleted member 26715

That is why nobody buys these old ruins , they cant give them away for free as the Regs to rebuild are crazy .
Edit- Was that the episode with the big internal wall that collapsed inside the castle?
I actually thought it was darn sarf somewhere but apparently it was near Skipton & up for sale at a cool £1.65M

Yorkshire Post

Top Bottom