Anyone looking for a 'Project House' to renovate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hang some curtains and stick a couple of rugs down and move straight in

Just what I was thinking, mossy, couple of tins of dulux and it's done.

[QUOTE 4558592, member: 9609"]make a clearing in the tress and fly it in by helicopter?, I was there this morning, it is a bit of a battle to get in on foot, its a bit odd/spooky, I wouldn't like to go there after dark. :eek:[/QUOTE]
That's ok, my mate got his chopper licence earlier this year. :okay:
Odd/spooky no longer an issue for me after seeing that UFO.......:crazy:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Fatlips Castle, about 5 miles away from Cavers on the other side of the Teviot, used to look like this.

cff3467126ffeb92520cd48a2e96ac2a.jpg

It looked like a basket case but has now been restored and looks like this -

fatlips-castle.jpg

Quite hard to get to, but it's a superb vantage point from which to watch @User9609's soggy retreat home.

Attachments

• cff3467126ffeb92520cd48a2e96ac2a.jpg
    cff3467126ffeb92520cd48a2e96ac2a.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
  • fatlips-castle.jpg
    fatlips-castle.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 20

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It was occupied until the 1950s, so presumably it had electricity somehow. Maybe not mains though, and an onsite generator would be ruinous today. Make an offer of £50,000 and start a glamping business with Egyptian cotton on the beds. Or get a generator and start growing skunk.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4559209, member: 9609"]I was just looking at some pictures I took when I was there - I didn't notice this at the time but check out the light in the attic room - there is no room behind that window :eek: and look at the strange shape bird in the top left hand corner.[/QUOTE]
From the looks of it there is no window for there to be a room behind, just a hole :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

Fatlips Castle, about 5 miles away from Cavers on the other side of the Teviot, used to look like this.
It looked like a basket case but has now been restored and looks like this -
That looks fantastic

Top Bottom