Anyone made their own pannier bags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've got a pair of Ortleib front rollers, which are great, plus a pair of bikebins, but neither fit 12" vinyl comfortably, so I'm thinking of bodging something together.

I'm also about to walk down to Aldi to buy a large picture frame, which i could attach vertically to the rack if I had the right fixings... then there's the odd occasion i need to carry tools somewhere. Most fit in the panniers but things like the handsaw and crowbars don't.

Just wondering if anyone else has made their own bespoke pannier bags/fittings for carting the unusual about.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I just attach stuff to the rack or to the top tube using straps made of old inner tubes.
Need to find some pictures!

pjd57

Veteran
Couple of cable ties and bootlaces. Sorted.
IMG_20180925_120430.jpg

Yeah, very badly, when I was about 16. I bought some jean type cotton from the market, sewed it into a square bag and made a frame from coat hangars. They were feckin terrible, don't do that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've a pannier made by bolting cuphooks into wood (I think) through the side of a solid bin. I don't use it all that much any more because I've bigger panniers and the bin rattles on the rack if empty.

I have considered recycling it by cutting and sanding grooves into the front/back (as mounted) so it could act as a front wheel mount for trailering an empty bike around, but I've not yet done so. I think I'm more likely to put hooks through a square of plywood to do that job.

Top Bottom