Anyone near Manchester? Fancy going for a ride this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Hi all,
As many of you know, I've just moved to Manchester, the place that dreams are made of.
I've joined the University Cycling Club, but due to other commitments, such as not being an undergrad anymore, my schedule doesn't fit the sessions that they do (wednesday afternoons and sunday mornings). anyone fancy meeting up for a 30 miler? I am not that fast, and you'll leave me on hills, but I have the right spirit!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I work at the University and didn't even think about the Cycling Club (d'oh!) but those times wouldn't really suit me either anyway.

A colleague of mine has just got himself a nice road bike and completed his first sprint Triathlon just over a week ago (I couldn't make it as I was provisionally otherwise booked as it was the due date for my second child to be born) and we keep saying we should get out for a nice bike ride at some point soon... but haven't organised anything as yet (and now my Daughter has arrived I feel my free time may be lessened further!!).

I'll bear you in mind if we do get something sorted, maybe you can join us if you like (and suggest a nice route too). xx(

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I start with Man Met from Oct based at Didsbury and used to work for Manchester Uni over 8 years ago. I'm based just to the east of Stockport - are you looking at going out on the road, as I usually do a quick 30 in Sth Man over the weekend on top of my commutes. Lets see how much interest we get and a meeting point - suggest Rising Sun in Hazel Grove ?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
My brother lives near the Rising Sun; what's that road like to cycle on? It always looks incredibly busy to me but my brother says it's popular with cyclists.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh there is a busy bit between the Bull and the Sun... after 10.00am though, but loads of cyclists gather at the sun, as it's left to Derbs, right to Cheshire.....

This coming weekend is dead busy for me, but the Sun is a good meeting place for S. Manc riders !

Top Bottom