Anyone on MINUS % bank rates yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Yes, it is a pittance but a small pittance is better than nothing.

I must admit that I made the assumption that people do keep some more liquidity available for short-term needs. I can't imagine anyone not. i think my point is that short-term fixes are better than the insecure, earning nothing, cash under the mattress method.

I agree re the dismal long-term prospect of interest rate rises. It has cost us dear since the 98 crash.

We too got caught by the Landsbanki debacle - although it eventually came to a satisfactory conclusion as you know. The FSCS processes are more streamlined now in the wake of it.

We would consider ourselves more prudent than lucky to be in the situation that we are. :smile:
I see your points; I guess it's a matter of perspective to some extent. Personally for the sake of those returns I'd rather have my money in cash or gold but again, depends on situation, quantities etc.

Wasn't wishing to diminish your prudence with my last comment; however I think it's a given than most people in subsequent generations won't have the same opportunities that yours did though.

byegad

Legendary Member
What did you say your address is ??
You can pm me as you cannot trust the rabble on here ^_^
It's 20 Downing Street and don't forget to look under the mattress.

johnblack

Über Member
Nationwide are offering a .5% bond for 18 months but with a minimum 200/1 chance of winning £10k if you put in the max of 10k, the more people that put in, the more prizes will be offered. Hardly exciting but there's might give it a bash just for the chance of getting something back. I'm not going to loose a lot in that period by sticking it anywhere else.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Nationwide are offering a .5% bond for 18 months but with a minimum 200/1 chance of winning £10k if you put in the max of 10k, the more people that put in, the more prizes will be offered. Hardly exciting but there's might give it a bash just for the chance of getting something back. I'm not going to loose a lot in that period by sticking it anywhere else.
Trouble is you need to have a "linked" Nationwide current account as well.

Top Bottom