Anyone own a Ground Effect Phantom jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

If so, want to whip out the tape measure for me?

I bought a medium size and it's too big on me. The medium shirt I got with it is, however, a good fit. I don't want to swap the jacket for a small size until I can confirm the sizings. I might have a mislabelled large, for instance. Or the small might be too small. etc etc etc

When asked, Ground Effects have just given me the catalogue sizes again. I've emailed for more info but wondered if anyone here might be able to assist too.

Merci!

OP
OP
Y

yello

Updating this just in case anyone ever wants an answer...

The medium jacket is indeed cut a fair bit bigger than the medium shirt; across the chest armpit to armpit measures 52cm on a medium shirt and 61cm on the jacket, sleeve length armpit to cuff is 58cm on the shirt and 60cm on the jacket, back length at centre from bottom of collar to cuff is 72cm on the shirt and 78cm on the jacket.

Imo, that's an overly generous cut. Certainly on me, the jacket would have flapped around and that is damned annoying. Yet both jacket and shirt share the same sizing guide in the Ground Effect catalogue and website.

I've swapped the jacket for a small as I think it'll be a better fit. I'll update when it arrives.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Yep, small is a good fit.

So, if you want a Phantom jacket, and like a racing fit, then order a size down from what it says on their sizing chart!

Top Bottom