Anyone Recognise This 26er Frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8mph

Veteran
Just picked up this lovely, well put together hardtail. Really nicely thought out bike with decent parts and distinctive wishbone monostay.

IMG_20230705_090959.jpg

IMG_20230705_090934.jpg

IMG_20230705_090954.jpg

IMG_20230705_091012.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Manitou at a guess

manitou.jpg

They has some wierdness going on back in the day where they were experimenting with forks in place if the rear stays. I believe the HT frames had square stays

1688561476502.jpeg

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
@Jody omg I would be chuffed if it turned out to be a Manitou. All my suspension forks are Manitou, I love em.

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
They've gone to the trouble of incorporating that wishbone and then used bird poo welding, weird.

Yeah, I'm not sure as to my verdict. It reminds me of a Caloi prototype frame I had a few years back. My second guess was Kinesis but looking at Manitou frames and the similarities I wonder, do I dare to hope?

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
@Jody my research so far hadn't turned uo anything useful. I joined a Manitou Facebook page and got one answer "absolutely not a Manitou bike!"

It's been suggested elsewhere that it could be a Raleigh.

I notice that the Manitou frames had welded gussets and nicer cable guides but other than that I don't think it's such a far fetched notion, looking at the geometry, tubing and raw alloy design.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pace used square tubes. Not sure it is, but worth a google.

Top Bottom