Anyone recognise this windows box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've had this popping up for the past week or so, to me it just doesn't seem genuine so I've kept closin it.

Has anyone had one of these, and do you know exactly where it comes from?

Screenshot (4).jpg

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Looks totally dodgy to me. You should run your adware/spyware clean up software asap.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
All sorted now, thanks guys. :smile:

Seems like a nice company called Panda Security helpfully sneaked it on to my lap top, and McAfee has never found, or suspected it.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
All sorted now, thanks guys. :smile:

Seems like a nice company called Panda Security helpfully sneaked it on to my lap top, and McAfee has never found, or suspected it.
Always been suspicious that firms like your Panda security are not in fact subsidiaries of Norton, mcAfee and the like...seems like money for old rope to me.

Much as I as i am not a fan of their products, Apple seems (at least on its handheld devices) to have made viral cotangents' a thing of the past.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
...also useful, when installing any program downloaded, to keep an eye on the installation boxes. Often those 'helpful' Default installations include this type of toolbar app whereas if you go for the 'Custom' option you will find you can deselect various options so you don't 'accidentally' install them in the first place. :smile:

Top Bottom