Anyone recognize the maker from these clue's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been asked to try and id a bike a bit more by the following pictures , seems to have shot in rear stays which look nice and thin . Thinking forks are non original as rear drop outs have eye but forks don't

andy3.jpg

andy4.jpg

Looks like the seat post is done via a grub screw quite a bit down the tube unlike the Allen's that have it in the seat cluster .

andy1.jpg

Not sure if the seat tube is an extended one or not cant really tell

andy2.jpg

Shame about the crankset and from what i can make out the bars and stem aare all stamped made in France as is the crank , my first thought was French but the seat bolt is throwing me a bit

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
That is an odd frame. It should be easy to identify. It looks late for pencil stays. The brazings and close clearance suggest very early 80s. Is the down-tube inch, or is it an illusion?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That is an odd frame. It should be easy to identify. It looks late for pencil stays. The brazings and close clearance suggest very early 80s. Is the down-tube inch, or is it an illusion?

Yes normal size tubing as far as i can say and i am thinking mid 80's due to recessed brake fittings

That seat bolt looks like it may be a later addition. Can't imagine any self respecting frame builder would resort to a bodge like that.

I agree re size of screw head for sure

I'm seeing rather a lump around that seat bolt, looks like a welding job, perhaps.

I am presuming it's on a lug / base that is brazed on to the tube like any other fitting

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Top Bottom