Anyone ridden FOCUS bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

As I am thinking about buying one - specifically has anyone ridden the Variado and Variado Expert? Any thoughts much appreciated!

Mel.

well its a bike good or bad is upto the price you pay.

walker

I've not ridden one but one of the lads at the club has one and he loves it although I find it slightly heavy for a bike of that price.

Monkey Boy

Melvil,
Got myseff a Cayo last September and love it. Can't wait for the light nights and better weather so I can put Sheryl (Trek 1000) away for the summer. The intention was to get the Cayo and upgrade the wheels (perhaps Kysriums) and transfer the Aksiums that are on it now to Sheryl......let the winter sales begin!

The Cayo ride is light and surefooted and only took a couple of miles to get used to the light steering. Power delivery is flawless, delighted with the compact chainset and I'm looking forward to tackling some more hills this year. I love the geometry too. I'm pretty sure the Variado would be very similar.

jashburnham

I own an 06 Focus Variado - now use it as my winter bike. It's a great bike and you won't get better specs for the money. Only gripe was the saddle which was rubbish. I also upgraded the wheels. Go for it and you will not be disappointed.

andygates

The tri lads rate Focus bikes highly. Which might just mean that they're very bling, of course... ;)

Top Bottom