Anyone Seen/Tried one of These?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
As many are aware, my winter bike took quite a hit last year. The forks were bent and have been thrown away. Efforts to find replacements have been unsuccessful. There is one option but now I'm not sure if it will take a 25 tyre and a mudguard. The forks in question cost £89.
I then found this
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOBRV/holdsworth-brevet-endurance-frameset

Check the price. It too is £89! I know it isn't going to be up to my Reynolds 853 speed machine but it might be similar to the 531 Millenium tubing on the winter bike?

I have never owned a compact frame. The largest size is only 55. I ride a 57/58/59 tradition frame with horizontal top tube. I have a freaky long body and gibbon arms and don't want a very long stem.

Also, how much of my existing components will fit? I'll need a new headset, stem and bars. Will I be able to fit downtube shifters to it? Will I be able to reach them with the compact geometry?

I think that it has a good old threaded BB shell so no worries there!

I don't want STIs (who does what with resistant bug!?) and really don't want to spend too much money. I want to stay under the amount that the fool who hit the old bike gave me whilst lying on the road!!

Thanks for any help you can give to this old Luddite!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Wow, that is a steel / steal.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If your downtube shifters are band on and the tube is the same diameter then yes you should be able to and can't see any reason why not

It's a very competitive price for sure , go on try it and let us know how you get on

Top Bottom