Anyone subscribed to with completesave.co.uk without consent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did the same a few times. I just kept it for a month each time then cancelled.
In the end I ended up subscribing to Prime anyway for TV and that I do still by CD's and Vinyls.
Same here.

I signed up for a free trial to watch the last couple of series of The Shield after Netflix took it down without warning.

The free trial did the trick though - I now subscribe and use Prime a LOT for TV and rapid free deliveries, and...

... as if by magic, a little package arrives from Amazon! :laugh:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
For reference: if you get offered a 30 day Prime trial from Amazon - you can sign up. And cancel IMMEDIATELY (And in terms of ongoing monthly subscription)…..but you’ll still retain Prime benefits for the month ahead.

So no need to remember (or forget 🤣), set a reminder blah blah

Mike_P

Guru
In terms of purchases the only advantage of Amazon Prime IME is the free delivery on orders less than £20. I have had free next day delivery without subscribing to Prime and when I did try it delivery times were typically days; seems to be no distinguishment between a Prime customer and those who are not in the delivery chain once a item has been despatched.

I have seen several articles from consumer advice people - like that Martin Lewis bloke - advising people to check their bank accounts

and showing circumstances where someone saved loads of money every month from cancelling un-needed direct debits
mostly from this sort of thing

I think this has got worse partly due to online bank statements - in 'the old days' everyone got a bank statement through the post. Now I checked mine every month - but that is me - I know that when I first knew my wife there was a stack of unopened letter from the bank in her house - mostly statements - so she clearly had not checked them.
However, if it is there them there is more chance of you opening one when you get fed up with the ever increasing pile of paper in 'that corner' then noticing £10 going to "give a dog a biscuit.co.uk" or whatever
(wonder if that exists - I just made it up but ..........)

anyway - always worth checking the statements every few months or so - these bankers (other words are available) are pretty sneaky!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have seen several articles from consumer advice people - like that Martin Lewis bloke - advising people to check their bank accounts

and showing circumstances where someone saved loads of money every month from cancelling un-needed direct debits
mostly from this sort of thing

I think this has got worse partly due to online bank statements - in 'the old days' everyone got a bank statement through the post. Now I checked mine every month - but that is me - I know that when I first knew my wife there was a stack of unopened letter from the bank in her house - mostly statements - so she clearly had not checked them.
However, if it is there them there is more chance of you opening one when you get fed up with the ever increasing pile of paper in 'that corner' then noticing £10 going to "give a dog a biscuit.co.uk" or whatever
(wonder if that exists - I just made it up but ..........)

anyway - always worth checking the statements every few months or so - these bankers (other words are available) are pretty sneaky!

I don't have paper statements now, I just check transactions on the App every day or two (bank and credit cards), takes a minute or two if that and far easier than trawling through a month of transactions and anything amiss is spotted very quickly

OldShep

Über Member
I made a purchase on EBay today and nearly clicked to receive an attractive discount. Then I saw the small print.
B650AF54-EF82-4222-B2E2-93F886AF78D4.jpeg

Mike_P

Guru
PayPal upto tricks this morning immediately defaulting when trying to pay for an order to apply for Pay Pal credit and then when that was cancelled it defaulted to pay in three installments.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I made a purchase on EBay today and nearly clicked to receive an attractive discount. Then I saw the small print.
View attachment 681197

An email from them said I filled in the fields with my name, address etc to join their scheme....dingo's kidneys :okay: . I filled in the trainline ticket field, I don't use it that often to justify £15/month 'discount'. More like things like this sometimes require 'un-ticking' if you don't want to get your 'free trial'.Some dodgy practices going on. I am forever unsubscribing myself from mailing lists I get put on I never subscribed to in the first place.

classic33

Leg End Member
From TrustPilot reviews on them
Screenshot_2023-03-13-10-04-18.png

Top Bottom