Anyone Think This A Teeny Bit Bizarre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh go on, what was the story?
You're back I see.

pplpilot

Guru
Religion is a mental illness, think about it, think about the actions, the beliefs, the ideology.... If there was no religion and you started acting like this you would be sectioned. People have been locked up for their own good and the good of others for a lot less than what a lot of religious spout on a daily basis.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
But what if these religious extremists are right and that God really does insist that the only way into heaven is to do irrational things like wrap yourself in plastic near cemeteries, or wave a chicken over your head to cure your sins, and that He really does have 70+ virgins waiting to entertain 'martyrs' who've blown a building full of unbelievers into smithereens ? Worrying thought..

I am a bit concerned here I must admit.. IF they are right -not saying they are, but say 1 in a 1000000 they do- we all must be filthy by now!! :eek:

ASC1951

Guru
What extra protection does the plastic bag offer that the hull of the plane doesnt?
It's all one with:-
- having a requirement that you cannot bare your head out of doors, but instead of wearing a hat/turban/scarf (which is inconvenient) you are allowed a 4" diameter disk;
- being forbidden to operate even electrical equipment on the Sabbath, but instead of ordinary switches you are allowed 7 day programmable switches;
- being forbidden to do any number of things outside the home on the Sabbath, but instead of not doing them you are allowed to surround a whole neighbourhood with holy string - or nowadays holy marks on the pavement - so that it is still "at home".

Mind you, none of this footling nonsense is anywhere near as barkingly irrational as the core belief of a unique, creative, interventive God.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
- being forbidden to operate even electrical equipment on the Sabbath, but instead of ordinary switches you are allowed 7 day programmable switches;
I did a job at a jewish house where they had a Romanian nanny to look after the kids. If they wanted anything done on the Sabbath they used to get the nanny to do it. So it also appears to be OK to get someone else in your house to operate switches for you.

Top Bottom