Anyone Toured on a Jamis Aurora?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
It looks really good, especially at that price. A rear rack and some leather dye on that lovely brooks and your laughing ^_^

Looking at the Evans bike, it actually came with a rear rack. Did you remove yours or did you not get it from Evans in the end?

Came with a rack but leaving it off for now ,I use either a seat bag or a seat post barbag for day rides. Did a 25 miler today in drizzly rain including some dirty country roads. Quick wipe over with a bit of kitchen towel spotless again. Im loving the mudguards .

Have only used proofide on the Brooks, have had it about 6 months now,transferred it from another bike.

001-10.jpg

PS Pie plate and reflectors will be staying on. I couldnt give a flying monkeys about bike fashion ^_^

Michael Bindl

Came with a rack but leaving it off for now ,I use either a seat bag or a seat post barbag for day rides. Did a 25 miler today in drizzly rain including some dirty country roads. Quick wipe over with a bit of kitchen towel spotless again. Im loving the mudguards .

Have only used proofide on the Brooks, have had it about 6 months now,transferred it from another bike.

001-10.jpg

PS Pie plate and reflectors will be staying on. I couldnt give a flying monkeys about bike fashion ^_^
hi,
what is the maximum clearance front and back on your aurora?
please give me a quick note!

thanks,
michael (munich, germany)

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

I have 32 c tyres on mine fairly certain it would take larger if wanted. Will take some close up pictures when I can so you can judge for yourself. Alternatively if you google Evans Cycles you can ask questions about individual bikes on their website. They ask the manufacturers experts then post the answer.

Michael Bindl

waiting for your pics...

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

TheValeofGlamorgan-20130401-00066_zps4f9d53ac.jpg

TheValeofGlamorgan-20130401-00069_zpsf643f847.jpg

TheValeofGlamorgan-20130401-00068_zpse945f948.jpg

TheValeofGlamorgan-20130401-00067_zpsabf35dd0.jpg

TheValeofGlamorgan-20130401-00070_zps316b1281.jpg

Had to take these on my phone camera so may be of only limited use. I think you could fit 35 c maybe even 40c tyres but would recommend contacting Jamis or Evans Cycles for a definitive answer. The tyres in the pictures are Bontrager Racelights 32c .The bike comes with Vittoria Ranndoneur 32c.

Michael Bindl

Hi banjo, thank you so much for your efforts, this is exactly what I wanted to see...
What frame size is your Aurora, what size are you?

Thanks again,
Michael

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

I am 177 cm tall inside leg stand over height 84cm bike is a size 55. tried the 57 which felt way to big for me.

Longest ride to date was 110 hilly kms in one day.Felt fresh as a daisy afterwards.Bike is very comfortable to ride,absorbs rough road surfaces very well even with the racelights pumped up to 110 psi.

The original Vittoria tyres were on 80 psi and had a tread pattern, they were fine and I did a couple of 100 km plus rides ok but I prefer the racelights which make the bike a bit more fun to ride on the road.

Top Bottom