Anyone understand what is meant by this bit of DVLA wording?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am completing a driving license application form for a relative. His previous licence (paper) was lost at home, but has been found now. He wants a photo licence.

The wording on the D1 application form that is confusing me is this: "If your address has changed from that shown on your last licence you must give the previous details below" :wacko:

What is meant by previous details? The previous details are on the previous existing license.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The previous address.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry but I can't see the confusion, they are asking you if the address that was on their old license is the one you have just presumably entered on the form, if it's different they want the to know what it was.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Has his address changed? If not you don't need supply that information.
If you've already told them the licence is lost and applied for a new one just let it go ahead and they'll send out a new photo license.

Venod

Eh up
I don't understand the confusion, if the address you are using on the application, is the same as the address, on the previous licence, you don't need to do anything, but if it's a different address they want to know what the one on the previous licence was.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I was thinking more it's fraud & identity theft prevention

This.

Alex321

Veteran
Well there a
I am completing a driving license application form for a relative. His previous licence (paper) was lost at home, but has been found now. He wants a photo licence.

The wording on the D1 application form that is confusing me is this: "If your address has changed from that shown on your last licence you must give the previous details below" :wacko:

What is meant by previous details? The previous details are on the previous existing license.
Well there are two points really.
First, you may not have your previous licence to send in with the application.
Second, you may also have had another address that you never actually notified them of (you shouldn't, but people do).

Top Bottom