anyone use GiffGaff for their mobiles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
been looking at reducing our costs and Giffgaff seems a nice cheap alternative but I can't seem to get my head around how it works.

what's the difference between topping up and buying a goodie bag?
if i'm wanting to use data on my phone do I need to buy a goodie bag each month?
anything else anyone can tell me?

headcoat

Über Member
I've used them for about 2 years now, great service and price.

For the data one you need to buy the goodybag, I think the cheapest is £10 or £12 a month now and you need it each month. If you don't buy it you can revert to your top up, all depends on how much you use. This will give you free txt, minutes and internet. If you want to phone premium number i.e. 0870 etc which are no included in your minutes you need to top up. I generally stick £10 top up and forget about it.

I have recently dropped down to the £5 deal as I don't use the net much and if I do it's only 20p a day.

You need an unlocked phone, they have guides there to do that and a sim. PM your address and I'll get one sent to you, we both get £5 credit when you top up :smile:

Any problems with them you ask on the forum and within a couple of minutes someone will reply.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
so a top up for credit (like pay as you go) and then that covers anything not covered by my goody bag?

I've got an iPhone that's unlocked and uses a bit of data here and there to access e-mail and use it for maps when I get lost so not a huge amount of data needed.

don't want to switch and then find it's not what I need.

Top Bottom