Anyone used ImmobiBike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Has anyone used the ImmobiBike electronic device? I had a bike nicked some years ago and I'm now paranoid about it happening again. I've beefed up the security on the garage and the bike is well shackled inside but I still want more! I did hear a story somewhere about people having trouble with the insert. I'm thinking for £15 it might be worth a shot?

tom73

Guru
If i've got the right item it's just a readable electronic tag. May help get your bike back that's if they've not removed once they have it.
But will do nothing to stop it being stolen. May put off someone on the off chance if you leave it when on a ride.
But if they set out to brake into a garage I doubt it will have any effect. Save your many and put it towards even more locks.

OP
OP
Sterlo

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
If i've got the right item it's just a readable electronic tag. May help get your bike back that's if they've not removed once they have it.
But will do nothing to stop it being stolen. May put off someone on the off chance if you leave it when on a ride.
But if they set out to brake into a garage I doubt it will have any effect. Save your many and put it towards even more locks.
I know what you mean, I don't think the police made much of an effort when my other was stolen. I rarely stop when I'm out it's probably overkill on my part, like I said, I went a bit paranoid about it.

tom73

Guru
I know what you mean, I don't think the police made much of an effort when my other was stolen. I rarely stop when I'm out it's probably overkill on my part, like I said, I went a bit paranoid about it.

understandably the big thing to always remember, the you can ever do is to deter , the harder it is to get in , get out the higher the chance of keeping hold of you stuff it is.

postman

Legendary Member
I've got a remote control rocket in my seat tube, which can be fired using an app on my phone. It can only be operated when the bike is in motion, with an unauthorised rider sitting on the saddle.
Oh yes if only.I watched some YT videos this week of moped phone thieves,snatching then riding off.I thought if only you could have a device with the phone,that exploded it as they were getting away.Boom goodbye.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I got an alarm light as a present. Very loud and has a tamper function. Not used in anger yet. I also park with the lowest gears engaged giving plenty of time for me to catch up should anyone be stupid enough to try and steal my pride and joy. I never park it out of eyesight when shopping as it carries the goods and I am lucky enough to be able to keep my bike indoors.

Oh yes if only.I watched some YT videos this week of moped phone thieves,snatching then riding off.I thought if only you could have a device with the phone,that exploded it as they were getting away.Boom goodbye.

I have seen one of them - bloke called Bond had one - seemed to like Martinis

I would worry a bit about collateral damage - blowing the "sensitive bits" of the scruff that is knicking your bike is just fine
but Mary walking past with her pram on the way to the Job Centre gives a whole different headline
Even worse if it is Claudette on her way to meeting of the local branch of WI or Tory party ladies committee

Just think of the headlines in the Daily Fail if a militant CYCLIST blows up a pregnant WI member!!!!!

err - I seem to have wandered off planet - sorry

classic33

Leg End Member
I have seen one of them - bloke called Bond had one - seemed to like Martinis

I would worry a bit about collateral damage - blowing the "sensitive bits" of the scruff that is knicking your bike is just fine
but Mary walking past with her pram on the way to the Job Centre gives a whole different headline
Even worse if it is Claudette on her way to meeting of the local branch of WI or Tory party ladies committee

Just think of the headlines in the Daily Fail if a militant CYCLIST blows up a pregnant WI member!!!!!

err - I seem to have wandered off planet - sorry

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Q4xWzW-nk

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Diamond Back has an electronic tag in the seat tube - got it free many moons ago when I cycled to work on it when the local police offered them - probably 25 years ago. :ohmy:

Top Bottom