Anyone used Mantel recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I've seen some wheels online at Mantel, there are some threads praising them, but the newest is about 3 years old now, so has anyone used them recently, and can comment on the service.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not used, but coming from the EU, I'd buy before the end of the year!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Yes, no problems post-Brexit. They shipped my parcel from a warehouse in East Anglia, and I was charged nothing extra (VAT or admin charges) on delivery.

gmw492

Veteran
They will only let you place orders up too £135 anything over that a payment option will not appear, says it will remain till they get clarity from the UK government and shipping partners

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
That's because they can't collect the VAT on your behalf if it's over £135, meaning there would be import charges beyond their control.

Some sellers in Germany are taking a diametrically opposite approach and setting a £135 minimum order value so the VAT responsibility passes to the customer.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Had some Brooks bar tape delivered from them this week (by UPS). Cheaper than UK shops despite the higher postage charge.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Anyone had anything other than positive experiences? They have stuff in stock that I'm struggling to find elsewhere? Its well under the £135 limit so no complications there.

Can someone clarify something for me?
Am well aware of the £135 rule.
But question - is postage/delivery included in this or is it just £135 worth of goods?

gcogger

Anyone had anything other than positive experiences? They have stuff in stock that I'm struggling to find elsewhere? Its well under the £135 limit so no complications there.
Very positive from me, bought a couple of things from them in the last few months. I called them with a query, and they were extremely helpful, and there were no issues when I had to return one of the items.

Top Bottom