Anyone using a cycle computer app with Android OS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgtjiggy

I'm leaving the iPhone for a few months and going back to Android. I'm looking for an app and hardware that will track heart rate, speed, cadence, distance time, show routes and other stats. Thanks.

John_c

Most android apps will record or display basic information such as; speed, distance, elevation. However once you start to record things like heart rate, power and cadence you need to find ANT type peripherals which are compatible with your phone and the software. Have you considered a dedicated cycle computer such garmin 500? These are much better in the long run. But to answer the specifics of your question, try endomondo or runkeeper.

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Thanks Jon. I have a dedicated Sigma bike computer and I like it very much. Unfortunately I must have my phone with me 24/7 due to my line of work and the small business I own. So, I've been using my Iphone as a bike computer.I actually found the digifit app in the Google Play store, it was under a
Different name I-cardio. I will just have to get the speed/cadence and heart rate monitor with Bluetooth instead of ANT.

Ride safe!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What is your new phone? Some Sony Ericsson's have ANT built in. I use my Xperia Neo with my ANT+ sensors/HRM with zero issues.

The benefit of ANT+ is if/when you do upgrade to an ANT+ compatible puter unit, you already have the hardware.

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Haven't got it yet (droid razor maxx hd) Isn't supposed to be released for a month or so. Right now I have an iPhone 4s. I'm bored with it so it's time for a change of pace.

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Ok, been a few days since the last post lol. I finally dumped the iPhone and got the galaxy s3 love it. I have finally cured my ant+ and bike computer dilemma! I purchased the SUUNTO mini ant receiver and mini USB adapter. It picked up my speed and cadence sensor and hr strap immediately.

NOW I JUST NEED THE ICE TO MELT SO I CAN GO RIDING!

happy New year everyone!

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

I gave the 4s to my wife. There is a great forum with Tapatalk access that will help cure all of your S3 woes.

SG3forums.com

The s3 really out classes the iPhone for what I need.

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Update! Weather finally broke for the better and I was out on two wheels. Upgraded to the Galaxy Note 2. I'm using ipbike and ipsensor man along with an external ant+ usb adapter. It's working great, have my heart rate and speed/cadence sensors synced... The tech is working well but I have some work to do!

Top Bottom