Anyone using an Elite Novo smart trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I got an Elite Novo Smart trainer and I'm having a few problems with set up - hopefully someone can help?
I've added a Halfords Bluetooth cadence sensor and a Halfords Bluetooth HRM - both purchased new at the same time.

The main problem is the Bluetooth connection - I'm using a Google tablet and the Elite MyETraining app and set both up exactly as per the instructions but I find it keep dropping one or other sensor connection.
Either the trainer won't be detected at all, or either the cadence / HRM won't be picked up at the start of a program / ride.
A Bluetooth power cycle usually sorts it but it's become so frequent that I've started doing this before every ride and then setting everything up in the parameters menu which seems to work most of the time, but clearly I shouldn't have to be doing this, should I?

Annoyingly it will occasionally also drop a sensor mid ride for no apparent reason.

Both the cadence sensor and HRM work fine out on my bike in the real world when paired with a Garmin Edge 810

When it works it's great, but it's getting increasingly frustrating having these problems so if anyone can suggest a fix I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I generally dont use Bluetooth for connecting equipment. I use Ant+, which i see this trainer has. Have you tried using Ant+ for the trainer and bluetooth for the cadence.

try another tablet or PC for connection. or buy Ant+ cadence sensor,. Wahoo do dual ant+/bluetooth

Top Bottom