Anyone watching Happy Valley?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My sis put me onto it. Had to catch up with eps 1 & 2 on iplayer, then watched ep3 last night. Blimey it's good. The lead actor, Sarah Lancashire, is staggeringly good. And the writing's top notch. Really looking forward to the second half of the series.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My sis put me onto it. Had to catch up with eps 1 & 2 on iplayer, then watched ep3 last night. Blimey it's good. The lead actor, Sarah Lancashire, is staggeringly good. And the writing's top notch. Really looking forward to the second half of the series.
I'm loving it. Best series I've watched for ages.....and agree on your comments re Sarah Lancashire. Fantastic actress.
That was a powerful episode last night with the killing of the young WPC. That guy is definitely a psychopath. He obviously can't wait to kill the hostage too.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fantastic plot device with him being her grandson's (the one with the 'issues') father - like father like son? Nature v nurture? Some really interesting (and important) themes buried in the subtext.

ASC1951

Guru
Contrast with Hinterland on BBC4, which is gloomy, lumbering and predictable. And for the life of me I can't understand why the actors break into a couple of lines of Welsh every few minutes - would that be so that S4C can claim it as a Welsh Language Broadcast and add five zeros to their annual viewing figures?

Top Bottom