Anyone who's ever made a model should watch this absolute masterclass!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuqTDMweQQQ

I began watching these short video clips to get some tips on how to improve the models I've been making when I came across this one by Tom Grigat. I could get into serious trouble at work and at home because I'm endlessly fascinated by just how brilliant this guy is and could watch them literally all day long! I think he's the best of the very best (and there's a LOT of competition) at what he does - suggesting things like using Marmite to replicate rust and age on the frame - and some of his rigging makes me feel like giving up knowing I'll never make anything approaching how good some of this guy's models are.

He's my personal hero at the moment!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Eduard models are amazing, got a few that I dare not build yet !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I used to make loads of model kits when i was a kid... and with every new purchase i always told myself that this time, i'm going to do it properly and paint all the parts whilst still on the sprue then touch it up when complete. I never did though... and i always got glue on the clear plastic window parts.

snorri

Legendary Member
I used to make loads of model kits when i was a kid... and with every new purchase i always told myself that this time, i'm going to do it properly and paint all the parts whilst still on the sprue then touch it up when complete. I never did though... and i always got glue on the clear plastic window parts.
By the time you're old enough to do the job properly, you're too old to be assembling plastic models^_^.

wonderloaf

Veteran
All that effort just to set fire to it and throw it out of his bedroom window. Just me that did that then?
Nope :whistle:

swansonj

Guru
I built, and loved building, Airfix kits when a child.

It has only been rceently that I have pondered: what, exactly, is the logic in one person taking a model and cutting it up into small pieces so that another person can glue those small pieces back together again?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
While you're pondering that, consider jigsaws. Just don't saw the picture up in the first place?

I actually have an Apollo CM / SM / LEM kit under the bed, that I've been meaning to build for some years.
Sadly, I need some gold space blanket material, and I can't get it from work any more...

Top Bottom