Anything better - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Whilst cycling home on Monday night, I was caught in an unexpected downpour; never believe the BBC weather App - ! Anyway, after I got home and I was stuffing my soggy boots with scrunched up newspaper, it occurred to me that although we are in the 21st. Century, one of much acclaimed development and innovation, has anyone come up with a better way of drying out wet leather footwear than stuffing them with newspapers - ? :whistle:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Decent outdoor boot retailers often stock reuseable bags of silica crystals for this very purpose.

Apply a couple of coats of neetfoot oil then you can leave them in front of the fire with no risk of them going hard. I normally apply with a paint brush five coats the fith coat takes about 12 hours to dry. Then apply the wax profer. Then regularly give them another 2 coats. Never go hard. I like the idea of silca crystals got loads of bags of them for soil.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not sure about the boot drying, but if you want a better way of spotting incoming rain, go for https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar rather than a generic forecast. With the animation feature you can see the rain on its way. I've found it much more informative and accurate, especially with the heavy stuff.

I swear by it, and not only for deciding whether or not to go for a ride or how far away from home to venture either. It's also very useful for spotting a dry interlude for a quick trip to the shops on foot, timing my walk to the pub, or deciding whether to stay for another pint and let the rain pass or leave a bit earlier before the rain arrives. I very rarely get wet unexpectedly these days.

Top Bottom