Apalling Vhite Van overtake - anyone recognise the company?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Along the A170 today...busy fast road with some nasty pinch points that are just wide enought for a careful passs by a narrow car but nowhere near wide enough for anything wider...like a van.

Anyway...approaching one of these pinch points with a lot of traffic, I look pointedly behind me. As I am near the pinch point one WVM puts foot down and passes...not too close though but cutting it fine.

I indicate right with the flat "palm out" to discourage a silly overtake but the instant response change in engine revs from a swift drop-down in gears tells me that he is going to barge through regardless, so I ease off and pull right in, a few feet from the pinch pont and feel the draught from the long wheelbase van as it flies through at stupidly close distance.

Now, I didn't have my cam on today so I couldn't get a reg. no, but thinking of writing to the company...only trouble is I'm not sure of the details.

It had a reflective yellow/red chevron pattern on the rear and the company may have some kind of acronym. I wonder if anyone can tell me the full details of the company involved?

The initials were in bold red lettering and I think were "P.O.L.I.C.E"

Anyone heard of them? :wahhey:

I was wondering if I ought to suggest that they have some kind of driver training....

Sounds like a dodgy outfit.

dondare

Über Member
I'm glad to know that your cyclist's instincts, skills and reactions keep you safe.
Last year 104 cyclists were killed in collisions with other vehicles. From the number of near misses that get reported just on this forum site, you'd expect that number to be rather higher.

Helly79

hackbike 666 said:
Thank god cycling is so safe.

+1 also I think most cyclist have there wits about them and are better road users. I know since cyclist my driving has become a lot better.

Crankarm

Guru
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Along the A170 today...busy fast road with some nasty pinch points that are just wide enought for a careful passs by a narrow car but nowhere near wide enough for anything wider...like a van.

Anyway...approaching one of these pinch points with a lot of traffic, I look pointedly behind me. As I am near the pinch point one WVM puts foot down and passes...not too close though but cutting it fine.

I indicate right with the flat "palm out" to discourage a silly overtake but the instant response change in engine revs from a swift drop-down in gears tells me that he is going to barge through regardless, so I ease off and pull right in, a few feet from the pinch pont and feel the draught from the long wheelbase van as it flies through at stupidly close distance.

Now, I didn't have my cam on today so I couldn't get a reg. no, but thinking of writing to the company...only trouble is I'm not sure of the details.

It had a reflective yellow/red chevron pattern on the rear and the company may have some kind of acronym. I wonder if anyone can tell me the full details of the company involved?

The initials were in bold red lettering and I think were "P.O.L.I.C.E"

Anyone heard of them? :becool:

I was wondering if I ought to suggest that they have some kind of driver training....

Were you not looking behind, goose necking, keeping a beedy eye on the driver?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
North Yorkshire police have never been particularly fond of cyclists and fairly pro-car.

Top Bottom