Apart from One-On & Singular

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Are there any other "Ready made" SS-MTB's ?

I NEED one as my winter bike and my C2W Is ALMOST up.

While One-On are very good, and Singular offer me the chance of a 29'er, i'd still like to consider as many alternatives as I can.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I like the look of the Scandal 29er, yes I know it has gears but you can use a tensioner or a mini EBB and it gives more potential for future use. There are quite a few others from Niner, Salsa, etc but they do get quite spendy. You could but the complete Scandal for £900 and then sell the wheelset and all the gear stuff and it would give you more than enough to kit it out as a single speed with quality parts.

All you'd need to buy would be a SS rear wheel, or wheelset if wanting it all to match - say £150-200 for a decent handbuilt set
A tensioner or use an older derailleur - £30 or free - or a mini EBB - £150(you'd have to run OBB cranks for this to work) use the crankset it comes with and you've got the OBB cranks already

But that's only my take on it, others think a tensioner ruins a SS.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
29-ers make fantastic SS-MTB's, they roll so much better off road ime.

Alternatively, find a nice geared 26" mtb you like and convert it with a decent kit. Bit of thought about cogs and rings and a half link chain and, with luck, you won;t even need a tensioner. I'd keep the bits to put back on when you come to sell it.

Top Bottom