what else is similar to the On-One inbred?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Howdo,

I've had my on-one inbred since around 2016, I was happily able to do full day rides on it back then but over more recent years, it's simply not comfortable and I can't work out how to make it so. I've figured it's due to the fact at 6'1 I should be on a 20 inch frame, not an 18inch so I'm looking to swap the frame out to find out.

However I'm not having much luck finding a larger Inbred or 456, what other steel hardtails were a similar geometry / type of bike that I could swap all the 26inch parts onto to test my theory rather than throw a lot of money at a new bike?

Names that spring to mind are;

Santa Cruz Chameleon,
Orange P7
Cove Handjob?
DMR Trailstar?

But I can't remember which were the XC oriented models so might be wrong on those

Thanks

Cycleops

Legendary Member
An inbred mountain dweller?

IMG_20230815_210500.jpg

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Howdo,

I've had my on-one inbred since around 2016, I was happily able to do full day rides on it back then but over more recent years, it's simply not comfortable and I can't work out how to make it so. I've figured it's due to the fact at 6'1 I should be on a 20 inch frame, not an 18inch so I'm looking to swap the frame out to find out.

However I'm not having much luck finding a larger Inbred or 456, what other steel hardtails were a similar geometry / type of bike that I could swap all the 26inch parts onto to test my theory rather than throw a lot of money at a new bike?

Names that spring to mind are;

Santa Cruz Chameleon,
Orange P7
Cove Handjob?
DMR Trailstar?

But I can't remember which were the XC oriented models so might be wrong on those

Thanks
Shame, my Inbred is for sale, but it's 18" also

The Cove and DMR are very nice. In fact, my single speed is based on that frame.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Inbred geometry was always weird, and getting a fit was not easy. I'm very average height and I needed a 30mm stem and 450mm seatpost! The top tubes are too long, and the seat tubes too short.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Inbred geometry was always weird, and getting a fit was not easy. I'm very average height and I needed a 30mm stem and 450mm seatpost! The top tubes are too long, and the seat tubes too short.

To be honest, I didn't find much difference between mine and the previous GT Avalanches I owned, except for the weight

Top Bottom