Apollo Bikes are Horrible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Probably a statement of the obvious that.

Had to go to the local Halfrauds earlier and fetch back a new Apollo bike for someone. Glad I only had to cycle the thing a mile, bloody awful machine. Not convinced by plastic brake levers, felt as though they could give way in an emergency stopping scenario!! Gears and front suspension fairly horrible. What on earth possesses people to buy them....? I'm not particularly a brand person (shades of Reggie Perrin there), but you get what you pay for.... (and fortunately I hadn't paid)

wafflycat

Indeed. Too many folk think of bicycles as nothing more than toys.

simoncc

Cheapo Apollo bikes are perfect for some people. If you just need a bike for riding round the park with your small kids or to your fishing position on a canal towpath a £99.99 Halford bike is just the job. I know people who have bought them for these reasons. If you need a decent bike you can get one from many places, Halfords included.

cchapman

Like most large bike manufacturers, Apollo make bikes in a range of qualities and prices. You have to remember that the owners of these business are not bike idealogues, but business men wanting to make an honest profit.
There is a curve called the cost-benefit equation, and it's a curve, not a line.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My father in law works in Bikehut Halfrauds and agree's that Apollo's are the worst of the worst of the bikes that they sell. Normally they are back within 3 weeks for a repair.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my wife's apollo bike has been improved no end by the replacement of the crap sus fork with a second hand normal one, the brake levers and calipers (including cables) for the princely sum of £40 fitted from lbs. the slick tyres make it a more engaging ride too.

Top Bottom