Apologies to the Peds on Broughton St

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies to the Peds on Broughton St that I subjected you to intolerable decibels and language. I wasn't shouting at you, I was shouting at the idiot in the grey coupe.

How the feic did he not clip my bars, elbow or panniers :blush: When I was going about 25mph down hill, he decided to rev up and overtake as the road was narrowed by an Island and with less than a cars gap in front of me, passing my right foot by less than 2 inches. BFH:angry:

The idiot tried it again several times to WVM who was just in front of me. I don't know if WVM knew much about it but he nearly crashed into him several times particularly at the Broughton Road rab. Typical less than 5 secs later they get trapped in traffic and for all his aggressive driving he didn't get past WVM and I cruised past.

Rant over, I needed to get that out of my system.

hackbike 6

The barsteward.:blush:

Breath in. hold it there for a few seconds, breath out, and relax. You are now relaxed and it just so happens that you are also now under my power. GO BUY A HELMET CAMERA. When you wake up........;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
HLaB said:
Apologies to the Peds on Broughton St that I subjected you to intolerable decibels and language. I wasn't shouting at you, I was shouting at the idiot in the grey coupe.

How the feic did he not clip my bars, elbow or panniers ;) When I was going about 25mph down hill, he decided to rev up and overtake as the road was narrowed by an Island and with less than a cars gap in front of me, passing my right foot by less than 2 inches. BFH:angry:

The idiot tried it again several times to WVM who was just in front of me. I don't know if WVM knew much about it but he nearly crashed into him several times particularly at the Broughton Road rab. Typical less than 5 secs later they get trapped in traffic and for all his aggressive driving he didn't get past WVM and I cruised past.

Rant over, I needed to get that out of my system.

Glad you're OK and he didn't make contact. Sounded terrifying - always my worst nightmare as I'm approaching a pinch point with a traffic island and someone sounds like they're revving up to try and nip by me when there's no room

It must be the start of the real idiot season in Edinburgh. Whilst I was the passenger in my Dad's car on Saturday I saw a complete twat swerving about as he went around a roundabout. On closer inspection, he was trying to steer whilst holding a tub of McFlurry in one hand and trying to scoop some out with the spoon in his other hand. Almost zero control of his steering or his vehicle, and looking into the tub rather than the road ahead. Even more shocking was the fact that he was a father in control of a people carrier with wife and three kids in...

(I remember when I was a kid and we were travelling to France in the car - my Dad wouldn't even help himself to a sweet when he was driving. He'd get Mum to pop it into the corner of his mouth so that he still had his hands on the wheel and his full attention on the road ahead of him. Pity that sense of responsibility whilst driving seems to be absent these days in many.)

Trillian

goo_mason said:
(I remember when I was a kid and we were travelling to France in the car - my Dad wouldn't even help himself to a sweet when he was driving. He'd get Mum to pop it into the corner of his mouth so that he still had his hands on the wheel and his full attention on the road ahead of him. Pity that sense of responsibility whilst driving seems to be absent these days in many.)

i do that for my girlfriend when she's driving and she does the same for me (rarer since I don't have a working car at the moment)

Maz

Guru
HLaB, glad you are OK, man. Keep the faith - tomorrow will be better, with any luck!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye, you've really got to hold primary going down Broughton St to stop the idiots from trying it on, and watch out for traffic pulling out from the side streets. I just wish I could go up it at the same speed...

Top Bottom