apophallation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just discovered that it means where a slug chews of the penis of the male after mating. The male then becomes female for the rest of its life. Transgendering in the animal kingdom - isn't nature wonderfulxx(

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
:biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The b*stards eat my dahlias and my cabbages but no way are they getting anywhere near my old man:ohmy:

<biology textbook> slugs are hermaphrodites, so they don't have a 'male' or 'female', when a slug has been apophallated (oo-er) this just means that it can't fertilise another slug's eggs but can still carry it's own. </biology textbook>

Not sure if this is transgendering - maybe gender removal??

Slugs are so gross - we get them in the kitchen - THANK GOD I have never seen any doing any apophallation xx(:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

<yack> ever stood on one with your bare foot? <shiver> I think I'd rather stand bare-footed on an upturned plug.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
Thankfully I've never been forced into deciding between the two though.

Careful, you've just given the powers-that-be the perfect personal torture plan for you...

bonj2

Morrisette said:
<biology textbook> slugs are hermaphrodites, so they don't have a 'male' or 'female', when a slug has been apophallated (oo-er) this just means that it can't fertilise another slug's eggs but can still carry it's own. </biology textbook>(

it surely must be male before it's been apophollated, otherwise it wouldn't have a penis in the first place?
Or have they all got one at birth - if so, then some must by definition start off gay?

Top Bottom