App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I have just installed it from the drop down menu, I was using the shortcut in the centre on the pic the app is on the right.

View attachment 661822

The mods say there is no app, on android I've never found a cyclechat app in the playstore. And I've not found a way to put a shortcut on my homepage on either my tablet or phone.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There isn't an app

The mods say there is no app

There is an App, as others have said and of which I use for this forum.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@vickster the "hamburger" icon is the name for the three horizontal lines usually seen at the top left or right of the screen on a mobile or laptop. In the image below it's top left and if pressed reveals the CC menu.

1663728886468.png

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The mods say there is no app, on android I've never found a cyclechat app in the playstore. And I've not found a way to put a shortcut on my homepage on either my tablet or phone.

Go to the Home or Welcome page of the website. In the top right corner are thee vertical dots. Press these. A menu opens. Chose "Add to home screen" and the shortcut will be placed on your home page.

Screenshot_20220921_040049.jpg

Screenshot_20220921_040018.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Because its not in the Playstore. You get it direct from the forum site.

I've been looking into this a bit more, on my Android theres three dots on the top right corner that brings up a drop down menu, theres an option there to instal an app, tapping on that puts a shortcut to Cyclechat on the home screen, it doesn't instal an app, with cyclechat on the home screen if I look at the list of installed apps theres no cyclechat app in there.

Venod

Eh up
I've been looking into this a bit more, on my Android theres three dots on the top right corner that brings up a drop down menu, theres an option there to instal an app, tapping on that puts a shortcut to Cyclechat on the home screen, it doesn't instal an app, with cyclechat on the home screen if I look at the list of installed apps theres no cyclechat app in there.
If you click on the shortcut it put on, then on the info symbol, it gives you the screen I have posted above, if you use the shortcut I don't think it opens a browser window.
Screen shot from my app list.
1663742574674.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

If you click on the shortcut it put on, then on the info symbol, it gives you the screen I have posted above, if you use the shortcut I don't think it opens a browser window.
Screen shot from my app list.
View attachment 661846

I don't have cyclechat on my app list all it does is add a shortcut to the home screen even though it says instal app, I'm on Android 11.

D

Deleted member 1258

I am on Android 12 don't know if that makes a difference.

Probably not, what might make a difference is the browser, I'm on Brave which is based on Chrome, I have a Lenovo tablet and a Nokia phone. I also have a Linux desktop, running Xubuntu 22/04 also with the Brave browser,

Alex321

Veteran
Just tried it from my Android (12) Samsung Galaxy phone, and it installs an app that is visible from my apps list. That is having accessed cyclechat from Chrome to install it.

Well...
1) Samsung Galaxy S7 = my main phone, app still present from transfer from...
2) Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, previous main phone that died. Repaired, now running Android 11+ as a Google Pixel 5. Tried everything suggested here, no joy at all. This was what prompted the thread.
3) Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo running LineageOS 15, Android 8.1. Went to Cyclechat using Chrome, logged in. Dropped the three dot menu at top right, lo and behold, Add to Home Screen. Tap. "Installing App". And sure enough, there it is.

I'm assuming the version of Chrome on the Samsung Pixel...wait one...I've just realised that on this device, Chrome actually says, "Install App" instead of Add to Home Screen! So I have !
So mystery solved so far as I am concerned, all Galaxies have the App!

Top Bottom