Appalling bus overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Wow what the hell was that? What was he saying? From the width he had available that seemed on purpose. Guy deserves a serious bollocking.

Matthames

Über Member
Where the hell do the Arriva bus drivers get their licenses from? I wouldn't be surprised if it was from a Cornflake packet TBH.

Plax

Guru
Rubbish overtake and subsequent attitude. Well worth reporting. When I first watched it, it looked like he pulled in too soon, I thought possibly because of the oncoming traffic. He could just have got his license out of a cereal packet like Mat says and so has no idea the length of his vehicle in practial terms. This could explain why he thought he had done nothing wrong.

Had two very close calls on my way home from work this morning. Both on roundabouts, on main roads very little traffic as you would expect early on a Sunday.
I must dig out my muvi and start using it again.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Thats bad indeed, Ive had these fools overtake so close I could reach in and rifle thru the change on the counter...

Glad you have reported this fool, basically poor driving apart from that it is intimidation plain and simple and these rogue drivers need to be weeded out and sacked. Ive lost count of the number of times Ive reported incidents like this. Well done for keep your cool too!

iZaP

Über Member
Even if you report those knobs...does anything really happen to them?

Any examples of them loosing jobs, or getting warnings or anything?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I thought the overtake was okay until the cut in. He cut in far too early. Bad judgement and even worse reaction after.

iamanidiot

iZaP said:

I reported a First bus driver who pulled into my lane on me, forcing me into the oncoming carriageway, and was very unapologetic when I pointed this out him. He was telling me to 'go on, report me!' - so I did. Got a letter back apologising and informing me that the driver was going through retraining. So yes I think something comes of it.

paulfromthenorth

Über Member
iZaP said:

This is my first post so "be gentle."

I am a manager with a large bus company and I can definatley confirm that things do happen when these incidents are reported. Investigations are undertaken and we use CCTV quite extensively to try an establish "fault." It isn't ALWAYS the bus driver to blame of course.

Sometimes retraining is the appropriate result but I have been personally involved in disciplinary procedures over similar incidents where the individual has been dismissed.

Bus company's take these things very seriously when they are made aware of them.

Cracking forum by the way.

Top Bottom