Apparently It’s Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apparently It’s Christmas!

Well, I just saw the tree going up in Twickenham High Street!

Is it me or is it just a little early – I know some supermarkets have been starting to stock up but over a 70+ day build up – that’s almost one fifth of a year!

My Birthday is at the beginning of December – when I was a child my mum used to get a tree the day after. I’m sure most of our friends and neighbours were doing it around the same time – I’ve tried to keep this tradition with my children, but it just seems to be creeping earlier and earlier each year. Last December most shops had sold out of trees by the end of November. How early should it start - a couple of friends don't put anything up until Christmas eve...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I saw advent calendars and chocolate santas for sale in early September.

diapason

Christmass starts on Christmass Eve........but try telling that to the the retail sector :sad: (they'll have the Easter eggs in Tesco next week).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Whilst I do like Christmas I can't bring myself to get excited at this time of year - too much preparation to do which knowing me I won't start until December at the earliest!!! (And every year I say I will start earlier the next year). But it was a bit of a shock to walk into the shops last week and see all the decorations up.

RedRider

Pulling through
Well, I just saw the tree going up in Twickenham High Street!

Hopefully it'll 'go up' again on bommy night.

xmas-tree.jpg

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Soon be Creme Egg season - Yum!

Not had one in 3 ( almost 4 by Easter ) years

I'll allow myself a couple next year as I lov 'em

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
:blush: So Mrs TC just came back and asked if I'd seen the film set in Twickenham, the one with the big Christmas tree in it - now i feel like a right plonker!

postman

Legendary Member
I love the Festive season.Bit of a softy really.Mince pies and Xmas cake are my downfall.I have a ritual i get a few cans of beer and a large bar of choc then i put on my black and white copy of Scrooge and sit and watch it by myself.

Top Bottom