Apple 4ktv for zwift.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How are people connecting to their apple TVs , I have used the companion app again tonight and kept getting drop outs, I had no othe apps open or Bluetooth connections , I had the Apple TV controlling the kickr core and the companion app connected to the candance and heart rate monitor , these kept dropping ,

I have seen the 4iiiii viiiiva heart rate monitor that will take connections and send just 1 Bluetooth signal , does anybody use this

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
How are people connecting to their apple TVs , I have used the companion app again tonight and kept getting drop outs, I had no othe apps open or Bluetooth connections , I had the Apple TV controlling the kickr core and the companion app connected to the candance and heart rate monitor , these kept dropping ,

I have seen the 4iiiii viiiiva heart rate monitor that will take connections and send just 1 Bluetooth signal , does anybody use this
GPLama does a video on the 'CaBLE' device by North Pole Engineering whilst working with an Apple TV. Works quite well by the looks of it.

I picked up a 4iiii viiiiva heart rate monitor and Bluetooth bridge today from Halfords , ordered it yesterday morning with a price of £94 , got them to price match Sigma sports £74.99 and then used cycling UK discount and finally got it for £66 and a few pence.

Loaded the app and connected it up then connected my cadence sensor to it ,cancelled the app and started the 4K Apple TV ,trainer connected and then the 4iiii connected showing heart rate and cadence,no need to use the companion app, tried it half a dozen times and it connected straight away and showed cadence and heart rate on Zwift

I have used the 4iiii for quite a few times now and I am really pleased with it , my cadence sensor connects as soon as I put it on . I switch the 4K Apple TV on and the tv select Zwift and switch my kickr core on as soon as I click my name and it transfers to the pairing page everything is connected,no messing about with the companion app .

A little expensive but glad I bought it and would recommend

AlanW

Guru
Just gone down the Apple TT route, it seems pretty straight forward. Although I've done a couple of test rides of around a mile or so and it doesn't save them to Starva? However, I've since done a couple of 20+ mile test rides and its loaded to Strava/Garmin straight away?

Does it make any difference if you save the ride via the app on the Apple TV or via the companion app? I'm guessing it should not make any difference??

The only thing Ive had to buy to complete the setup is a Bluetooth HR strap from Halfords for £20 (less 10% from BC), as it was the cheaper option than converting my Garmin Ant+ HR strap to Bluetooth via a CABLE convertor.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I also use an Apple TV 4K for Zwift. Helps me to reduce setup time - I can just leave it all connected rather than bringing the laptop in and getting it plugged in and connected to everything.

In terms of rides not saving to Strava - I haven’t had that issue. I always save from the Zwift app on the Apple TV and just before you click save it shows which platforms it’s going to save to. Might be worth double checking next time that Strava is selected.

Top Bottom