Apple 4ktv for zwift.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Am currently using my son's laptop for using zwift . He needs this laptop for school so it's not ideal me using it too.
I've just heard about the Apple 4ktv box .
Does any one else use one ?
Don't want to spend big money on a gaming laptop or anything cause it's just for zwift .
What's your experiences with it ?
I read you can only pair 2 Bluetooth divices to it, so how do you pair a smart trainer, speed ,cadence ,and heartrate .all at once .
Using the zwift app on a Samsung phone will it still work while using the Apple 4ktv box ?
Thanks guys

tom73

Guru
I don't use on but know about about them they are a great bit of kit and simple as to get set up I use Apple TV all the time at work and home but not the new one.

Smart trainer counts as one. Some smart trainers broadcast power and cadence. If your's is one like that then that will still count as one blue tooth device.Your phone will work fine once paired with Apple TV. Any device over the 2 limit you just pair with Zwift app via phone and work with Apple TV that way. Basically Smart trainer act's as one and your phone as the other no matter how many are paired with your phone.

Hope that help's

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Well I bought the appletv4k today . Easy to set up . Devices all paired straight away and the best bit is the graphics are better than the old laptop and it runs smoother as well . So well pleased I bought it .

JuhaL

Guru
I don't have Apple TV 4K but what i heard it works very well. I am using some other training apps too so AppleTV is not best solution for me, but only with Zwift it seems to be very good option. I will probably have Apple TV 4K for movies and some other reasons.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
U will need to set up an iTunes account to use it first off if you havent already got one. Install zwift ,setup ur trainer and turn on bluetooth on phone and it will all connect no problems . Mines did.and away you go

It was a doddle to set up ,my iPad did it ,I only had to pick which room it was in and time zone, installed the latest iOS update about 3 minutes, and installed Zwift , logged in and selected just watch ,absolutely stunning graphics so smooth and judder free ,even better than the iPad Pro 12.9 screen, the best bit for me though is the full 16 : 9 screen and all the text I can read with out my glasses , remote is going to take some getting used to but all that means is I have to play more^_^ . Very pleased with it

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Good stuff . Mines hasn't missed a beat . Really happy I bought it . Not fussed on the remote it's a bit sensitive but can't complain cause zwift works brilliant on it .

Top Bottom