Apple warranty scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
It appears that there doesn't need to be any evidence of actual moisture damage to the phone, just the Liquid Contact Indicator needs to show that moisture was present for Apple refuse to honour the warranty. I can't think of any other company that installs a component with the sole intention of voiding any warranty claims. It's disgraceful.
This is exactly it, what’s most galling is the Apple genius, that term being used in the loosest sense of the word, wrecked my phone by spraying alcohol on the volume button, thereby triggering the LCI, so even going for a second opinion is a waste of time as the damn thing shows water ingress, so they’ll just claim exactly the same, it‘s a worldwide scam, and apparently I’ve been stitched up big time.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is exactly it, what’s most galling is the Apple genius, that term being used in the loosest sense of the word, wrecked my phone by spraying alcohol on the volume button, thereby triggering the LCI, so even going for a second opinion is a waste of time as the damn thing shows water ingress, so they’ll just claim exactly the same, it‘s a worldwide scam, and apparently I’ve been stitched up big time.
There's at least one more inside the handset, that will give a better indication of any true water ingress.
Can only be seen by opening the phone.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's getting worse than Halfords. :sad:

Top Bottom