Applying for Passports

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Brother & Sister in law are going abroad in a couple of months time, nothing unusual there, but at 59 my SIL has never had a passport & my BIL's ran out in 1986. They filled the forms in & went to the PO to get them certified, they were processed & sent off, they have now received a letter advising they must go to Leeds 40 miles away for an interview before they can be issued.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
They should count themselves lucky, I have to go to London when mine runs out, luckily, it is only every 10 years!

Drago

Legendary Member
They need a passport to go to Leeds now? Things are getting bad up north.

Of course, this makes life difficult for regular folk while doing nothing to inconvenience terrorists or people smugglers, who traditionally don't apply for passports in the way normal folk do in the first place.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At least they're going to be amongst the first with the new British passport. :smile:
Once interviewed they should come quite quickly.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

At least they're going to be amongst the first with the new British passport. :smile:
Once interviewed they should come quite quickly.
Knowing my BIL he'll be happy to get a new blue one

Dave7

Legendary Member
It’s been policy for a while to interview first time passport applications.
it’s to stop fraud.
You are correct but..........
As @Drago says....its seems to cause problems for genuine people while the real crims seem to know their way around the system.

classic33

Leg End Member
They need a passport to go to Leeds now? Things are getting bad up north.

Of course, this makes life difficult for regular folk while doing nothing to inconvenience terrorists or people smugglers, who traditionally don't apply for passports in the way normal folk do in the first place.
We're reinstating The Border.

Passport will be Pantone 300c in colour.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Out of interest. In the 80s I needed a passport for business. My old one had run out.
I made a phone call, drove into Liverpool, parked up at the pierhead (no restrictions then), had a brief interview and.....walked out with a nice new passport.

Top Bottom