Aquabike training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wardy_uk

Not having the knees to take on a full triathlon, I'm thinking of giving a bikee/swim (aquabike) race a go...

Does anyone know of good places to find (free) training plans? I cycle and/or swim 6 days out of 7 - but want to try and build some structure into the training.

All I've been able to find is plans for Tri's...

thanks in advance

Nick

Last edited:

Citius

It might just be me, but I'm not clear on what you're asking. Is it a cycle race you are planning on, or a combined cycle/swim race? If the latter, just look at a tri plan and ignore the running bit.

OP
OP
wardy_uk

wardy_uk

Yeah - its a combined bike/swim race... (Aquabike)

I've been looking at Tri training, but as the running makes up say 1/3 of the overall training, the cycle and bike parts are reduced - so you wont get as much benefit from it, surely?

Last edited:

Citius

What do you mean by a 'combined bike/cycle race' - surely a 'bike' and a 'cycle' are the same thing, no?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yeah - its a combined bike/swim race... (Aquabike)

I've been looking at Tri training, but as the running makes up say 1/3 of the overall training, the cycle and bike parts are reduced - so you wont get as much benefit from it, surely?

Then just throw a bit more cycling and swimming in to increase the volume, eg. by repeating some of the less intense sessions or add a session in that was omitted/neglected due to the time constraints of having to train for 3 sports in the original plan. Or even simpler, pick a more advanced tri plan with greater total hours, knock the running out and you will be left with a volume more like you are looking for.

Top Bottom