Arch and NT,Wedding breakfast 2. + 1 other.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Last night Postman got a text message,would he like a ride out saturday.Yes he would so he got to the meeting place early and waited under a tree as it rained and rained.
Along came his two cycling buddies,who suggested Bilborough,near York.Postie has never been there.
Well it was a great ride in,it did not rain,but after having a latte and a double choc muffin,it was peeing it down,so a second latte was needed,a few laughs with the lovely lady manager and off they all went.Well we got outside only to see a steel frame tourer and a long conversation took place.Not with the bike,but the owner.
2014-06-14 12.08.30 (1).jpg
View attachment 47728
Well who would Postman see but the newly weds Arch and NT,lots of hugs,congrats and laughs,and a couple of photos.
2014-06-14 12.08.26.jpg

Last edited:

Arch

Married to Night Train
It was great to see you Postie! I saw the bikes and cyclists as we walked in, and thought "what are the chances I know one of them", and then saw a very tall chap in a Royal mail jersey, and thought "it must be...." and then you spotted me!

We were on a mission to pick up my bikes and trike from York. We'd planned to park in York and have lunch, but seeing the raceday traffic, decided it was easier to stop outside and then do the pick up as quickly as possible. Lucky we did!

We're back now, the car full of one Catrike, two Dawes Galaxies, two no name frames, and a Brompton. One of the Galaxies and the frames aren't mine as such, but belonged to my late friend, and I'm kind of looking after them.

Now we just have the fun of fitting them into the house....

Arch

Married to Night Train
It looks like the one on the A64 outside York, I've been there myself a few times.

It is...

Yeah, we do go to McDs sometimes. In my defence (in Big Corp terms), I do my bit for anarchy by collecting the little free stickers of the cups that get you a free coffee when you have 6 stickers on the card. Only, I often pick the stickers off cups abandoned in the street or in bins...

In fact, having gained two stickers on my card legitimately today (one of which was a freebie from previously collected stickers), I got a third when we stopped in a layby on the way back for NT to check the straps on the roof rack, and I spotted a cup chucked in the grass....

Top Bottom