Arch's Birthday - 21 again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Ach, you'd be grand, so.

Sam

Arch said:
I did, thank you - almost feel confident to go off and do France alone now...
Happy birthday Arch. Drop me a PM next time you're planning a solo* TdF! It may just happen that you're passing our place whilst we're there, if so you'd be welcome to stop over!

*can accommodate up to 3, two sharing.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll bear that in mind, cheers!

This time, I really did feel more confident with my French - I'm nowhere near fluent, and I still have trouble understand it spoken at a normal speed, but I managed a couple of limited conversations, and pretty much got everything said to us by cafe owners and B and B hosts.

On the last leg, in St Malo, after our hosts had set off in the other direction to go back home, I was elected 'person with the best French' to go and ask how to find the ferry port in the Tourist Info place.

The one time my French let me down wasn't that I didn't know the words, it was because we'd had two beers in quick succession at the hotel after stopping for the day, and I was tiddly and couldn't stop giggling long enough to explain in English, let alone French.

You never see, in phrase books:

"Excuse me monsieur, but my friend's sock has fallen from our balcony onto the one below, could you open the room for us to retrieve it?"

which is just the phrase we needed....

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's a good solid lump of chocolate cake from the little sandwich shop round the corner. Half with lunch, half with a mid afternoon cuppa.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Happy birthday Arch
banana.gif

Have a good one.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
It's a good solid lump of chocolate cake from the little sandwich shop round the corner. Half with lunch, half with a mid afternoon cuppa.

You can't have your cake AND eat it, you know! ;):becool:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Catrike UK said:
Happy birthday Arch, your pressy will be on its way shortly.

:tongue:

Meanwhile, the Dash behaved very well on tour. There was a certain amount of ribbing going on about its diminutive size, but I had the last laugh the day we were offered a first floor function room to store the bikes in. Getting the tandem Trice upstairs was interesting!

I'll send you a pic or two, when I'm sorted out.

Top Bottom