Are my bluebells English or Spanish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
If anyone is interested in wild plant identification I would recommended The Wild Flowers Key by Francis Rose. An easier guide would be ‘The Easy Guide’ range of books.

I did a course a few years ago and that was one of the recommended books. The other was "Stace" which is much more serious - no coloured pictures! There were some of the flower families that I never got to grips with on the course. All very interesting but you just don't realise how many varities there are until you start looking at them closely.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I did a course a few years ago and that was one of the recommended books. The other was "Stace" which is much more serious - no coloured pictures! There were some of the flower families that I never got to grips with on the course. All very interesting but you just don't realise how many varities there are until you start looking at them closely.

It is fascination beyond compare. Akin to dragonfly identification. I draw the line at grasses, mosses and lichens though. I need time to be a real human being.

Tim Hall

I studied lichen at A level for biology.

Even my smart friends made fun of me.
That's the Trouble With Lichen.

Levo-Lon

Guru
If you want an easy to control garden,may i recommend Bamboo...
and mint ,make sure you plant them so nothing can prevent them spreading mind.

in no time at all you will have a forrest and grazing Pandas:laugh: its true;)

annedonnelly

It is fascination beyond compare. Akin to dragonfly identification. I draw the line at grasses, mosses and lichens though. I need time to be a real human being.
I have huge respect for people who are skilled at identifications. I am not good with visual things so it's difficult for me. I run a moth trap once a week and I'm constantly asking for help to id my catches. Thankfully it's only a small trap and I don't get overwhelmed with moths.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have huge respect for people who are skilled at identifications. I am not good with visual things so it's difficult for me. I run a moth trap once a week and I'm constantly asking for help to id my catches. Thankfully it's only a small trap and I don't get overwhelmed with moths.

I *might* just want a moth trap a little bit! Jealous. I have tried my own DIY jobs and molasses and beer etc, but nothing works like the real deal. I love my Richard Lewington guides.

annedonnelly

I *might* just want a moth trap a little bit! Jealous. I have tried my own DIY jobs and molasses and beer etc, but nothing works like the real deal. I love my Richard Lewington guides.
I was very lucky and was given my trap on the understanding that I use it and contribute results to the garden moth scheme. I am pointedly ignoring all of the micros and trying hard to learn the macros. The local experts are very patient and helpful luckily.

Top Bottom