Are SCOTT bikes any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Had a CR1 for a bit. I found it fantastically light, well made and very quick. I would definitely recommend it for a race bike. I've now switched to a Felt. The Felt is significantly heavier; but the frame is noticeably stiffer and a heck of a lot more comfortable.

John Ponting said:
I'd be interested in more news when you have it mickle.

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/news/28266/Scott-and-Denk-end-RD-relationship

Zoiders

High end and middle of the range Scott kit is rather good

The lower end is horrible, some of the worst entry level price bikes I have ever worked on, especialy compared to the likes of Trek or Specialized at the same price point, the cheaper MTBs are the worst

jay clock

Massive member
i have a 2006 Scott Speedster S10 - one of their more pricey road bikes. Was £1350 reduced to £650 with full Ultegra kit in the sale last New Year. Has done a pretty good job all round. I found the gearing wrong for me it came with 53/42 and 11-23 I think -I have installed a 50/34 with a 12-27 and it is much better for my style of riding

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I got a CR1 Pro reduced from £1899 to a more realistic £1399 a couple of months ago. It's a superb lightweight racer but a bit harsh in truth. I love it but if your carrying a few pounds overweight then shaving some ounces off the bike is probably not top of the requirement list.

simonali

Guru
I had a Scott C1 (before they added the R) and it was a hell of a lot more comfortable than their alloy bikes. Great bike, much better than me and I never felt I was doing it justice. Virtually rode itself uphill it was so light.

got-to-get-fit

last year i was in much the same dilema. I looked at a scott speedster and fell in love, it was light good looking and well spec'd. I very nearly shed the money then i saw a Bianchi 928 C2C and i nearly cried at its beauty. I bought it instantly and i love it so its a vote for Bianchi from me. However i do from time to time think of the scott and wonder what could have been (does that make me a bad person)
I think if i had let my head rule my heart i would have bought the scott but i let my heart rule my head and bought the Bianchi. I dont think you could loose out with either bike so my advice would be go for the one you like the look of best.

got-to-get-fit

i really must get rid of this damn christmas hat ....its got to be unlucky by now.

simonali

Guru
On the subject of Bianchi, they had Marco Pantani's Tour winning one in the shop when I bought my Scott. Now that was a light bike, bang on the UCI limit.

Top Bottom