Are some people just idiots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Its been a bit quiet on here over the last few weeks, and I don't think we've had a good flounce for ages, its just a forum so don't take it too seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Condescension is what peeeees me off really, we are all just here for fun, maybe I'm just in a bad mood (been off the bike for a week)

So have I - been off my bike that is. I've been in Amsterdam for a week and was on something else. I've had a week long good mood. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Condescension and downright rudeness has me reaching for the "block user" button.

I talk utter drivel but unlike some of the self appointed arbiters or moral righteousness I freely admit it. Don't listen to a word I say unless you are certifiably insane, or dislike lefties and their long hair, sandals, righteous letters to the Guardian and faint smell of cannabis.

OP
OP
andrew_rc46

andrew_rc46

Condescension and downright rudeness has me reaching for the "block user" button.

I talk utter drivel but unlike some of the self appointed arbiters or moral righteousness I freely admit it. Don't listen to a word I say unless you are certifiably insane, or dislike lefties and their long hair, sandals, righteous letters to the Guardian and faint smell of cannabis.
Funny as I've used the block twice today! I didn't think I'd ever use it's on here.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sometimes although people write one thing, without being able to hear the voice the message can actually say something completely different to what they intended. Others then may find that alternative meaning offensive or hilarious when that wasn't the intention. (I know I've made a few bloomers one here when what I wrote wasn't what I meant at all!) if you offend someone by accident then just apologise and move on. If it's hilarious then laugh with everyone (that's usually easier after you've had a moment to live down the embarrassment). And no I'm not owning up to my mistakes now they are buried in the archives:whistle:

As for those who intentionally try to be offensive you can block them or report them. There are a few on here that I find irritating but I just skip over their posts, and wonder if they are the same in real life.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thought you'd been on the sherry .....
Amontillado?

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I think that you are a tad over sensitive. It's a message board you're talking about not the real world. Opinions are expressed on here sometimes forcibly and sometimes contrary to the ones that you have.

Sometimes a dignified silence is the best response.

Sometimes doing something more worthwhile with your time is the best response.

Sometimes winding your neck in serves the purpose.

Don't lose sleep over contrary, adversarial and condescending postings.

They are harmless.
Honestly, just where do you get off with your sensible and well adjusted advice?

Top Bottom