Are there any organised recumbent rides in/around London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazytyke

Guru
what i have found is that the 'fellowship of the bent' means most people on bents will stop and chat wherever you are;

I think we might have met Bob, I was in Hyde Park with my mate, (think this year, but maybe last) either on our ICE trikes or his Greenspeed Tandem. Chatted with a guy on his Kingcycle, who I'm pretty sure was called Bob (there may be a lot of Bobs , but suspect not too many own Kingcycles ! ) think you were off in search of a chain guard, so you could race it ?

There's definitely enough of us n or near London to make a ride worthwhile, was out on a ride last Sunday with "Auntie Helen" of this forum and my mate, so that was 3 ICE trikes, sure we could beat that number if we tried !

Adrian

Hi teamonster
i do remember meeting;
an organised 'bent/trike ride around london would be good;
we would need a date and a route;
anyone with organisational skills out there?

Last edited:

kevins299

Regular
Hi all...just picked this up. I am a hp velotech speedmachine recumbent rider in Stoke Newington. Have see one other recumbent rider in my area, and a couple of ice trikes on my Sunday morning rides along the embankment and around Hyde park. My regular ride is down the lea valley, along the greenway then across to the Thames barrier, followed by a cycle path route to isle of dogs, around the isle, along cycle route into tower gate way, along embankment, around Westminster, down and around Hyde park, back down the Mall, and home via back routes to Stokies...a nice 55km ride.
Any one want to join me?
Did a ride ever get organised that was suggested? There are a couple of recumbent riders at critical mass but that does not allow a decent ride to stretch the legs. Shall we for a London recumbents club with a face book page? The London brompton club is a good example of what can be done! I would love to meet up and ride as a group for both company, safety in numbers, and to promote recumbents. Any ideas?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
That sounds like an excellent ride, Kevin.

Good idea about a Facebook group - I'll set one up. Needs two people to start it, so if you add me as a friend on Facebook (I'll PM you the link), then I can add you and then post the link to the group here.

hi kevins299 looks good; i am in south london; getting to a ride in stoke newington to start is not impossible but would add another 12 or so miles; and i could peel off at hyde park corner before you head north at the end; also looks nice and flat which would be a bonus as climbing is not my or my bents best hour!
how long does yr route take you to do?

lazytyke

Guru
Hi Kevin/Ben - have put in request to join the group - from west London but probably pop into town with my mate on ice trikes nearly every other week. Sometimes we venture out on a green speed tandem, which has to be seen to be believed. sounds like a great idea to have a Facebook page. we often do spur of the moment stuff , be great to join a few otter trikes, 4 or 5 abreast down the Mall on a Sunday would be pretty cool !

Top Bottom