Are you a club top person or one who wears a cycling top that has a connection with where you tour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
I was wearing a Basque top for this tour, sometimes it gets you upgraded.the best room for views

DSC_1637.JPG

Last edited:

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
These days I tend to wear tops that still fit, which narrows the choice somewhat.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Club jersey for a club ride or an 'event'; i.e. a race, TT, audax, track training, etc. Otherwise I'll wear a plain jersey. For touring it'd be a club jersey - Maine's been recognised all over since it's a very old club.

Note that on a TT/race I have to wear black or registered/1st claim kit due to CTT/BC regulations since I'm a BC 3rd cat. 4th cats can wear what they like, within reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Top is going to live at the bottom of a pannier, need a new tour top now😎. Vickster no club and don't tour, a bicycle is the best for touring. Met an old German couple touring in a massive camper wagon. Told us that they cycle toured, best holidays they ever had.

alex_cycles

Veteran
To answer the question properly, I do own a club top and gilet and sometimes wear them for club events, but in the main I prefer to ride in black and yellow like an angry wasp or a Jumbo Visma rider. I've not yet been on a tour, so don't own a tour top.

Twilkes

Guru
I've only recently become conscious that I avoid anything that could be misconstrued as a club/pro top, and tend to stick to block colours like Torm or fairly non-descript but still visible tops from Santini or Altura. I barely tolerate other cyclists as it is without them looking like velosperm covered in advertising stickers and bee goggles.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
In my roadie days a club top or retro trade team jersey.

Good morning,

I find this one quite fun.

AldiJersey1.JPG

It has a number of Spongers logos, yet none of the sponsors exist, or if they do I have not heard of them.

Sadly I only bought one of them and it was, in my mind, the last of the good Aldi jerseys, to me they are now worth what you pay for them and not much more. This years blue ones are better than the recent years but I found it hot wearing it when the air temperature was around two degrees centigrade. :-(

Bye

Ian

Tenkaykev

Guru
I find it annoying when sparks from my pipe singe the front of my jacket when cycling into the wind.

I usually wear a smart shirt, jacket and trousers with black brogues and red socks. I don’t wear clips but tuck the trouser leg into my socks. Coupled with my white hair it seems to cause drivers to give me a wide berth 🤔😎

Top Bottom