Are you a millionaire...

Am I a millionaire?

• Yes, I have assets worth £1,000,000 or more

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • No, don't be daft

Votes: 63 81.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
skint and live in a cheap house in a not very desireable town, the life insurance was one of those things that had to go following steep pay cut but sat here with my wife (23 years married next week) a couple of my kids and my dogs curled up by me, I'm perfectly happy with my lot.

F70100

Who, me ?
Married, not graduates, over 50, owner/occupiers with no mortgage, no debts. If all our assets (including pension pots) were added up we might just get to the magic number. As individuals though, we're each a long way short.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I'm worth more dead than I am alive. Not worth a million yet, but on paper I'm doing OK. The concept of a millionaire being someone rich makes no sense anymore. My piddly little £40K mortgage is hardly worth talking about when a quarter of a million debt on a house is not unusual these days.

Tell me about it, I am skint but when I die someone wont be :headshake:

Reactions: TVC

screenman

Legendary Member
I have enough money to last the rest of my life, if I go next Tuesday.

I have enough money to know that some of the things wanted when I could not afford them I do not want now I can.

gbb

Legendary Member
I could probably reach 15% of being a millionaire..but its all relative.
I live within my means, have (luckily) a very low mortgage, but live on what used to be called a council estate so it could be nicer, have more than enough spare cash each month, could live for a year if the wages suddenly disappeared, and most importantly (for me) spent loads of time with my kids when they were young. Work work work, money money money cant buy that time back. Im sure some people find a way to make it work, but I know a few people who slaved to better their lifestyle and income...at their families expense.
Nowhere like a millionaire, but I feel like one sometimes.

stephec

Legendary Member
A mate of mine retired from the city aged 42 with about £5m of cash, investments and property assets.

He's never worked since, and all he seems to do it sit around and play golf occasionally and his life doesn't appear very fulfilling or to have much purpose. And so on the question of whether I'm jealous?.................course I bl**dy am!!
Surely you can't be jealous of the playing golf bit? :smile:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The two wealthiest people I know, both multimillionaires and then some, are the two happiest/content men I've ever met.

I know dozens on the PAYE who are paranoid, touchy, jealous, petty, power crazed and quite weak.

People are people.
Tragically one of these two passed away on Monday. :sad:

PaulB

Legendary Member
If England win the World Cup, Ben Swift wins the Tour de France and Atletico Madrid win the European Cup tonight then yes, I'll be a squillionaire!

Top Bottom