Are you the Gyle pavement-cycling muppet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Monday - bus to work day. As we turned up the South Gyle access, some moron in a hi-viz yellow jacket on a MTB passes the bus, going full-pelt along the pavement. A bus some way ahead has pulled in to a stop, and moron almost flattens some poor girl who's just stepped off the bus into his path.

Does this make him pause for reflection and either slow down or drop onto the clear road ? Nope. He stands up on the pedals and speeds up.

If you're reading this, get on the road next time you selfish muppet. You're old enough to know better and if you're going to cycle like a 5yr-old, you don't need the grown-up cycling gear.

I hope the next woman you scare the life out of smacks you around the chops with her handbag. :rolleyes:

bonj2

was it a cheapo halfords mtb or a good one?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I have to admit, this ticks me off too (having nearly been clipped by a similar half wit the other week). If they're going to ride on the pavement, they might at least do so with some consideration for the peds.

goo_mason said:
If you're reading this, get on the road next time you selfish muppet. You're old enough to know better and if you're going to cycle like a 5yr-old, you don't need the grown-up cycling gear.

Hey! I have a trademark on the 5 year old comment ('pavements are for 5 year olds mate' (TM))

You've come very close to hearing from my lawers:angry:.........:rolleyes:

A month or so ago I mentioned to a bloke (an American chap on a folder) he shouldn't be cycling on the pavement. He thanked me and continued on his way on the road. I see him every so often and he is always on the road. Result! :rolleyes:

The bloke you saw Goo would not listen to reason. A hefty fine is well deserved!! (oh and a well placed handbag might work as well!)

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
From the quick glance as he cycled by, it looked like a decent bike. The hi-viz jacket was looking a little faded so I'd guess he's been cycling a while.

I resisted the temptation to look a bigger muppet than him and stand up on the crowded bus and scream abuse at him. I will however be on the lookout for him on the way home tomorrow (I cycle in about 2 hrs before the time I saw him today, so unlikely to see him on the way in), and I'll be keeping an eye on him ;-)

Dom - his eyes were black (or maybe that was the colour of his sunglasses ?) :rolleyes:

Magnatom - I may sample your copyrighted statement and play it, in your own sing-song tones, to the next pavement cyclist I see if that's OK with you. That way you still get to say it, even though you're not there (and I avoid a copyright breach by not uttering it myself.) :rolleyes:

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
The pavement cyclists I have remonstrated with in West London all seem to be from Poland or Lithuania, does anyone know if they ride on the pavements back home??

Arch

Married to Night Train
goo_mason said:
Magnatom - I may sample your copyrighted statement and play it, in your own sing-song tones, to the next pavement cyclist I see if that's OK with you. That way you still get to say it, even though you're not there (and I avoid a copyright breach by not uttering it myself.) :rolleyes:

But where does that leave you under the Performing Rights Society in terms of royalties? And will you need a licence for playing recordings in public?

I also hope he gets a whack with a handbag. One with a brick in it would do nicely.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom