Are your roads busier post-pandemic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
No political will whatsoever to price motorists out of their cars
I think they need to try the carrot, because the stick isn't working. Give us a good, reliable, reasonably priced public transport system, and people MIGHT be tempted. But we know that will never happen, because having people trapped in a car centric system just happens to be a nice cash cow for the treasury.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Personally I'm not sure anything will get done until the countryside is a desert and we're knee deep in our own waste. Even then there will be some who will argue it's all just happenstance.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I haven't seen an increase in traffic compared to pre-pandemic levels, no. Perhaps it's just two years of lower-than-usual traffic that can give people that impression?

That said, my opinion is based purely on driving outside of rush hours. My employer wanted me to return to the offices and I said 'no'. They tried to incentivise me by including commute as working hours - didn't take long for the company to come to the conclusion that they would rather want me for 37h from home then 30h at the office.

Top Bottom